Saturday, July 19, 2008

Family of Four



Well, I have to say we are adjusting to life as a family of four better than expected. We are very excited about having two little boys in the house. Matt had to get rid of the initial shock that Caleb wasn't a girl. He was so sure that the baby was a girl he didn't even want to pick out a boy name! Most of the pregnancy I thought it was a girl but towards the end had a strong feeling that we were having another boy. I am 3/3 on this one!




Casey is doing a pretty good job of adjusting to having a little brother. He does seem to be a bit emotional and clingy but that is to be expected. He really is gently with Caleb and loves to touch his head and sing rock a bye baby while rocking him in his car seat. It is precious. He doesn't understand a few things about Caleb though. He doesn't understand why he can't play with him, why he doesn't wake up very much and why in the world mommy is feeding him milk from her body. All of which I'm sure he will adjust to soon.



Caleb is adjusting well too. He still sleeps a lot and is starting to develop an appetite. On Wednesday when we took him to the doctor he was gaining weight and looking good. We take him in on Monday for another weight check. Last night he was up from 9:45-11:30 with daddy. He just couldn't get settled. But then we had to wake him up at 4:00 am for a feeding. He must have pooped himself out.

We are looking forward to all of the fun that is to come now that we have a full house of boys! I feel totally outnumbered already!!!

No comments: