Thursday, March 7, 2013

Our new adventure

On Tuesday evening Matt and I found out that our name had been put on a list of possible foster homes for a baby girl in Milwaukee County.  As the night went on our high hopes faded.
Wednesday morning I dropped the boys off at school and Joshua and I headed home for a morning of cleaning.  The entire morning as I cleaned I did a lot of praying about what I was suppose to be learning through all of this, besides patience.

When I went to pick up the boys from school at 11:30 to take them to an appointment I noticed on my phone that we had a message on our magic jack phone (our land line).  I had gotten "The Call" earlier that morning while I was dropping the boys off.   Right away my heart sank because I thought for sure I had missed "The Call'.  When I called back the woman explained that there was a newborn baby girl who possibly needed a home for the time being.  I was so excited I hardly heard the rest of what she said!  Now I just needed to wait to hear form the case worker.  
This began a couple of the longest hours of my life!

Finally at 3:00 pm we found out that we had the green light to pick up the little princess!  My mom watched the boys and Matt and I headed out.  There were so many emotions going on as we drove to pick her up.  We were excited, nervous, excited, scared, did I mention excited?!

When we met her she was in the nursery getting ready to eat.  Within minutes of picking her up she filled her pants for me:)  She ate like a champ and then we headed out!  It was very surreal.  



The boys were also super excited to meet this little one that we have nicknamed baby Sky or Skyla (depends on who you ask).  For however long God entrusts this precious little girl to us we promise to love her like she is part of the family!

These are the lyrics to a song called All of Me by Matt Hammitt 
that has been preparing my heart for this time:


Afraid to love
Something that could break
Could I move on
If you were torn away?
And I'm so close to what I can't control
I can't give you half my heart
And pray He makes you whole

(Chorus)
You're gonna have all of me 
You're gonna have all of me
'Cause you're worth every falling tear
You're worth facing any fear
You're gonna know all my love
Even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts
But giving you all of me is where I'll start

I won't let sadness steal you from my arms
I won't let pain keep you from my heart
I'll trade the fear of all that I could lose
For every moment I share with you

Chorus

Heaven brought you to this moment, it's too wonderful to speak
You're worth all of me, you're worth all of me
So let me recklessly love you, even if I bleed
You're worth all of me, you're worth all of me

It's where I'll start.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt looks SO happy! Jodi and I are so happy for you guys. We'll be there for you guys through this journey and on - we love you guys!