I had a couple of mommy moments today. The first one actually happened at the YMCA this morning. I dropped Casey off at the kid care and strapped Caleb in the baby bjourn for a walk on the track. The rain was coming down outside and people looked tired and worn out...including myself. As I began my walk I turned on my IPOD and listened to some worship music for a little pick me up. As I was listening to the music I began to look around at the different people working out and I noticed that when they caught sight of me and Caleb they smiled at us. This happened at least a dozen times. The sight of God's precious new creation brings a smile to people's face even on a rainy day. I looked down at my precious little boy and smiled myself. How lucky am I to have been given this gift!
My second mommy moment happened as I was putting Casey down for nap. Everyday we squeeze into his yellow chair to read his library books. Right in the middle of the 2nd book Casey starts squirming around and declares that it is his turn to sit on mommy's lap. He jumped up onto my lap and I realized that he hadn't sat on my lap for a really long time. He must have realized this as well. I was sad when the last book was finished because I just wanted him to snuggle there for a bit longer. He is getting so big, it won't be long before he will won't fit on my lap...sniff, sniff.

It is nice when we are able to slow down and think about the little things in life that mean so much. Things like a smile and a cuddle. Both of which brightened my rainy day.
1 comment:
aww... so sweet. I can't wait to have our baby and walk that track with you! I look forward to getting my lap back for Lilly to sit on.
Post a Comment