Sunday, November 1, 2009

FUN TIME FRIDAY!

One of my favorite parts about being a teacher was coming up with fun inventive ways to keep my classroom excited about learning and well behaved (we call this good classroom management in the field of education). One of many things I used was something called FUN TIME FRIDAY. Every Friday afternoon we had a 30 minute block of free time set aside for the students who had earned it during the week. Those who didn't had to sit at their desks and think about why they were not able to participate and what they could do to make sure that didn't happen the following week.

By Friday I was tired as a teacher but I still had to teach! I always made sure that Fridays were full of fun and learning that was a little more laid back. So ending the day with FUN TIME FRIDAY was awesome.

I think it is also fair to say that by Friday, moms are tired too! So I decided to have a laid back Friday with my boys filled with a little bit of learning and fun. It helped that Caleb slept in until 9:00am! I planned a fun activity for Casey and I....baking and decorating pumpkin cookies. I really wasn't sure how much Casey was going to enjoy this activity but it turns out both boys stayed engaged and had fun for then entire hour...teaching success!

Pouring ingredients

Rolling out the dough


using the cookie cutters to create pumpkins


decorating the cookies


taste testing


The rest of the morning was spent watching Dora's Halloween, playing and relaxing.
What a nice Friday.

No comments: