Monday, May 31, 2010

New routines

Now that we have settled into our new home I have adjusted my daily routine with the boys a bit. Matt got me a bike for Mother's day and we had gotten a bike trailor off of Craigs List as well. In the morning I put the boys in the trailer with thier pjs on, milk and dry cereal in hand and bug shield snapped on tight. It has been a great way to start the day and a fun way to sneak my exercise in.

Ready to ride!

Casey finished up his preschool year early when we moved and he has been done napping in the afternoon for quite sometime now. While Caleb is taking a nap in the afternoon Casey and I have starting something we call "learning time". I work with him for about 30-45 minutes on his letters, sounds, numbers, shapes, colors, and other preschool skills. We finish up our time with a game and then he goes and does quiet time on his own for a bit. It has been so much fun for me to work with him one on one. This is something I would have loved to do with all of my students back in my teaching years. Kids can learn so well when they are focused like that. I cherish this time with Casey.
Concentrating so hard as he traces numbers.
.

Casey loves playing the animal memory game we made at ZOO class.

No comments: