Sunday was a day that has to go down as one of my favorite family days yet. I got to start my morning cuddling in bed with my hubby and Caleb. Usually Caleb drags me out of bed, but that morning he cuddled with me for nearly 30 minutes. It reminded me of when he was a newborn and I would feed him in bed and cuddle up close.

That afternoon we had a special surprise for our boys...tickets to see their favorite movie, Polar Express, at the IMAX theater downtown Milwaukee. We told them about 5 minutes before we left where we were headed. They were so excited!
We brought our popcorn, candy canes and juice boxes and were all settled in our seats ready for the show. They were mesmerized throughout. Matt and I would frequently glance across the boys and smile at one another. We knew this could be a yearly tradition. Caleb was in such awe I don't think he touched his popcorn until half way through the movie. Casey on the other hand went through 3 refills of popcorn and a candy cane. He tried to sneak a second candy cane in fact! That's my boy!
After the movie we drove around to see the lights of downtown Milwaukee. The boys just love looking at Christmas lights. Casey is so good at pointing out all of the really cool decorations. On the way home Casey fell asleep so we had a quiet ride enjoying the lights and snow.
When we got home Casey had a hard time transitioning into bed. So, I crawled in bed with him to read him a Christmas story. It reminded me of how much he has always loved books. Since he was a little baby he has enjoyed story time before bed.

How blessed we have been with such amazing little boys. Being pregnant with yet another little boy this Christmas season really makes me reflect on Mary and her baby boy. I can't imagine carrying a baby that was going to save the world from sin.
Even though my children are one of the most special gifts God has given me...Mary's son Jesus is the greatest gift. Because of Him, my family has the opportunity to live in heaven someday because he came to Earth to be our savior one Christmas day long ago.
I hope you all have the time during the hustle and bustle of the season to reflect on the greatest gift God has given to you and your family. He has blessed us with much, but the gift that truly matters is his one and only son, Jesus Christ.
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
Beautiful post Joy! What a great week to spend time reflecting! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your boys!
Post a Comment