I get up for my 4th or 5th bathroom break of the night not feeling the greatest. I thought that perhaps it was just gas. After crawling back onto the couch and getting comfortable I felt a pop and a sudden gush of water. This was it...Joshua was coming today!
I waddled up the stairs to wake Matt with a "don't freak out honey but my water just broke!" My mom came to the rescue to watch the big brother's for us as we headed off to Community Memorial.
We got settled into our room around 4:00. They did an exam and determined that it was my water that broke (I knew that already) and that although contractions and dilation had begun, they could hold off until 7:00 for the C-section. So at this point it was all about resting and breathing through the contractions.
Around 6:30 they were going to take me to the OR to get me prepped for surgery. Matt needed to get ready to. This consisted of getting scrubs on. Can I trade with you honey?
Matt asked me how I was feeling. Seeing as though I had been through this before I knew what to expect so I wasn't nervous. I guess just ready to be done with the pregnancy and excited to meet my new son. Matt said a prayer for us and off I went!
For those who are curious, the OR is a very small cold room. My Anesthesiologist prepped me by cleaning my back, and numbing the spinal site. As soon as my OB and her partner arrived the spinal was done and they laid me down. It was only a few short moments before they were ready to begin. All I felt was a lot of tugging, pushing and pulling.
Not long after Joshua was born! They showed him to me briefly and then he went with the nurse and Matt to his little table where he was looked over and cleaned up. I was excited that he was in the same room as me. I could hear everything that was going on. I was shocked that he was 8 lbs 3 ounces.
While the doctors were finishing things up and putting me back together I waited patiently to see my new boy again. When Matt brought him over to me the first thing I noticed was how big his hands were. This was my biggest baby yet!
It wasn't long before we were all reunited in our room and I got to hold my little man. There is nothing like the feeling of holding your baby in your arms for the first time. What a precious gift.
2 comments:
So fun to see all the pictures that went along with this special day! Yeah Joshua! We're glad you're hear... now take it easy on your momma. ;)
Love all the pictures! He is such a sweet little man and you are wonderful parents! Enjoy your time...and STAY off you feet while you have help!
Post a Comment