Sunday, November 4, 2012

Into a mother's heart

I believe that who I am today as a wife, mother and woman of God has a lot to do with my little angel, Madilynn Marie.  Although I only held her briefly and I never knew her well...the loss of her little life has shaped who I am today.  Her little life made a big impact on many.

Eight years ago Madilynn came into the world and was taken up to be with Jesus.  Each year on her birthday we like to have a balloon release, sing happy birthday, and eat cupcakes.




I like to spend some time by myself looking through the memory box my dad made for me.  Some of the things that we keep inside of it are cards and letters that were given to us, the little outfit that she wore, pictures of her, toys that were bought for her and some other little trinkets.





This year Madilynn's birthday happens to fall on Orphan Sunday.  I think that is so neat seeing as though we are about to embark on a journey where we will have the privilege to care for a little orphan girl!  I can't say that if God would have blessed us with another little girl after Madilynn that we would be starting this journey.

Since loosing Madilynn I have prayed that the Lord would bless me with another little princess.  Don't get me wrong, I love my little boys, but my heart longs for a little girl.

Once we have finished all of the requirements to be licensed foster parents we will wait upon the Lord to deliver a little princess.  He may choose to give us a little girl that just needs a mom and dad for a little while, or one that needs us to be her forever family.  Only God knows the journey we are about to begin.

Eight years ago today I didn't even know if I would ever be able to have a child of my own.  God has blessed us with 3 beautiful, healthy boys.  I fully trust Him to be faithful and answer my prayers.

I am not sad today.  My little angel is in heaven.  She never had to experience pain and suffering.  Someday I will get to hold her again and she can tell me all about the fun I've missed!

Happy eighth birthday Madi.  We love you and miss you.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love you and we were praying for you yesterday! Didn't say anything in Change-pointe cause I didn't want to cry on you:(