Hmmm...well maybe by 5 months! Anyways, the idea is that your child should be sleeping (or at least in their crib content) for 12 hours.
I guess God decided to teach me yet another lesson...don't brag when your newborn sleeps through the night by 8 weeks old! Around 10 weeks old Caleb decided that sleeping through the night was not at all fun for him. So we have been struggling with sleep deprivation in the Buntrock house for a couple of months. He only eats once during the night but he wakes up a few times for comfort or his nuk. Well mamma Buntrock is tired of it!
I was speaking with a new friend of mine (Carrie) who has twin boys and she told me about a book she read that helped her to teach her boys how to sleep through the night. The idea is that your child should be sleeping (or at least in their crib content) for 12 hours. There are four steps in the program and it supposedly works for babies that are 12 weeks of age. The first step is to get your child on a four hour feeding schedule (four feedings every four hours with a 12 hour break). So we are going to gradually get Caleb from a 3 hour schedule to a 4 hour schedule. When we have accomplished this step I will let you know. I will also share step 2 with you. Say a little prayer for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment