Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So quicky they grow up!


I can't believe that my baby is 18 months old already! It was only yesterday he was 7 pounds all cuddled up in my arms. Although he is now 24 pounds, he still enjoys being cuddled up in my arms.

We refer to Caleb as monkey boy for several reasons. The first one being that when he hugs you he wraps his arms and legs around you just like a monkey. He also enjoys climbing and jumping, eating bananas, and has the cutest little smile (much cuter than a monkey in fact).

How could I forget...he is Curious Caleb, like Curious George the cartoon. Caleb gets into EVERYTHING. It is a wonder I haven't had to call the poison control hot line or 911 yet! Here is a good example of what I mean...

Last night while we were waiting for daddy to get home and I was trying to get dinner ready Caleb wandered off into the bathroom to play. Usually he plays with my feminine products or makeup. He got into my tiny little rubber bands this time and made a mess all over the bathroom...In the meantime daddy got home and asked if I had seen the bathroom, of course I have just didn't have time to clean it up yet. So while Matt and I were cleaning up the mess Caleb made in the bathroom he pulled his dinner plate off the kitchen table and began to eat without us (did I mention I just mopped the floor?)
Caleb also has been enjoying doing just about everything Casey does. Matt was pulling Casey around in this Rubbermaid container the other night and so now Caleb climbs inside and whines until someone gives him a ride too. Every time he needs his diaper changed I give him a ride to the bedroom. It works well!

At meal times Caleb wants to eat whatever we are eating. He does well with a spoon so I thought we would try cereal. Sure a lot of milk ended up on the table but he was so proud of himself. I have to say, it kept him busy for awhile so I could unload the dishwasher.


Time goes by so fast. Don't forget to enjoy every hug, kiss and giggle
you share with your little monkey!

No comments: