Matt was so excited to have a really big garden and grow lots of tomatoes for his salsa. I requested that he grow some pickles so we could make dill pickles. It appears that we planted the pickles a little too close to the pumpkins and ended up with...pumpernickles?
My wonderful hubby knew how excited I was to make the dill pickles so he surpised me yesterday morning by picking up a bag of pickles from a local market.
We cut some into spears and others into slices as we were boiling jars and lids and the dill mixture. It is quite a process. Our kitchen was the Buntrock pickle factory for a couple of hours.
After all was said and done we ended up with 10 jars of dill pickles. I can't wait to try them!
1 comment:
Did you try it? Or should I say, did you have Matt try it? =)
Post a Comment