Friday, September 24, 2010

Busy Barns Adventure Farm

Today Caleb and I joined Casey's K4 class on their first field trip of the school year. We rode on a big yellow school bus to Fort Atkinson to the Busy Barns Adventure Farm. My sister came with her girls so it was fun to have someone to talk to on the bus. We both agreed that it better be a really good pumpkin farm seeing as it took us almost an hour to get there!

I have been to many pumpkin farms in my teaching days and this was by far THE BEST pumpkin farm ever! It just opened last year so many people may not know about it. There were so many cool things for the kids to do there. We could have spent hours there. The best part was that everything was included for the small price of $7.00....even a pumpkin! I can't wait to go back next year with Matt.

The first thing we did was check out what looked to be a large sandbox filled with corn kernels.

Next we went to climb and slide in the barn. This was a big hit all around.

Here is our (my sister and me stuck together) group
(back row) Sammi, Casey, Hailey (front row) Caleb, Riley and Collin


Next we moved on to the outdoor adventure area...very cool.



What's a farm without animals? They had pot belly pigs, turkeys, geese, goats, rams, cows, horses.....and many roaming kitty cats.


Before lunch it was time for our hayride around the farm. We sang "Old McDonald" of course.


After eating lunch we headed out to the pumpkin farm to pick our pumpkins before heading home. They were the perfect size for these munchkins!

I love that I was able to share in these fun memories with Casey and meet some of his new friends. There are some great kids in his class. I can't wait to chaperon the next fun adventure!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

What the heck! Casey looks so old. When did that happen? It looks like a fun farm. I wish it were closer. Thanks for the info though! :)