Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First day of 4K



Today was Casey's first day of 4 year old kindergarden. On Monday night we went to the open house at his new school to meet his teachers and see his new classroom. All day Tuesday he kept asking me, "when do I get to go to school?"


This morning he was filled with enthusiasm as we ate our waffles and went over mommy and daddy's expectations of him. "Don't worry mommy, I'll be a super good listener".
Look at that smile, watch out girls!
Ten minutes before we needed to leave Casey was in the van waiting for Caleb and I. I had to drive very slow to school this morning as it is only 2 minutes from the house.
When we got there he was the first one there and couldn't wait to hang his bag on the hook by his name. His teacher asked him to color a picture of himself in his journal. When I left he was drawing train tracks (so much for the good listening we talked about)!
Journaling

When I picked him up he was very excited and of course couldn't remember anything he had learned that day. Although he did share with me that his favorite part of the morning was playing on the indoor play structure. I guess you could say that would be considered recess?

No comments: