Monday, November 7, 2011

Go Badgers!










Matt has wanted to take me to a Badger football game since we were dating in our college years. In fact, it is one of the things on our list of things to do in our 30's. I am happy to say we can check it off our list! We got four tickets from one of Matt's co-workers and so we invited our good friends Dave and Alyssa who are Madison Alumni.




We played Purdue, and quite honestly we beat the pants off of them. It was a good thing there were so many fun things going on (besides the actual game) because it was seriously the longest football game ever.


One of my favorite parts of the Badger game experience was the wave. If I can remember it went like this: normal wave, slow wave, fast wave, reverse wave, and then they split down the middle. The slow motion wave was the most fun to watch. I know my picture doesn't do it justice...but look at all that red!


My other favorite part of the game was the marching band! I was a bando myself so I can appreciate all of the hard work this band must do, they are amazing. I was excited to get my picture taken with a couple of the band members who came to serinade us with On Wisconsin (about 20 times).

The guy next to me is a total band geek!


Since we were beating the pants off of Purdue the seats were beginning to clear early in the 4th quarter. We were able to move down to some padded seats and cuddle up. We were waiting for the game to be over so we could see the band perform the famous 5th quarter!



Yay! The time had arrived and we moved way down front for the 5th quarter show.




The band was entertaining, but our friends were a hoot! Dave and Alyssa knew every word and dance move to all the songs. I think they belonged in the student section!

Matt and I tried to keep up with them. Here we are doing the chicken dance...I think.

What a funa and memorable experience. I'm so glad we were able to share it with such great friends.


Oh, and I have to give my sister a big thank you for taking the boys for us. I'm pretty sure they had as much fun at "The Reeds" house as we did on our date!







































It was a very fun and unique experience. Matt had prepped me for the game and made sure that I wore a red badger shirt (my grey sweatshirt wouldn't do).


























No comments: