Saturday, April 7, 2012

Time and Effort

At the beginning of 2012, Matt and I decided that this year we were going to put a lot of time and effort into our marriage.  The busyness of life with 3 children had started to take it's toll on us.  So how does a couple with 3 young children find time and energy for one another?  This is what we came up with...

First we decided that it was important for us to have one date per month.  We asked my sister and her husband if they would be willing to swap kids once a month.  It works great, we both get a date night and the kids get to play with their cousins a couple of times a month.   I told my niece Hannah I would see her this Sunday (for Easter) and she said, "is every Sunday date night?"...I wish!

The second thing we decided to do was attend a marriage conference.  So in March we went to A Weekend to Remember.  It was such a blessing to get away for an entire weekend and focus on us.  We would recommend this conference to any married couple.  It doesn't matter if you are in the puppy love stage or ready to call it quits...this conference is for everyone. 

My hubby decided to take it one step further and he planned a mini-getaway for us this past weekend.  He made arrangement for the kids and took me to a bed and breakfast in Port Washington.  It is so important to reconnect and spend time without the kids.  I love them dearly, but there is just something about a good night sleep and not having to clean up after anyone! 


I am looking forward to our monthly date nights and our anniversary weekend away in August.  I love spending time with my best friend.  I'm so lucky that he also happens to be the love of my life!

No comments: