Saturday, September 1, 2012

1st grade!


 
Casey started first grade at his new school, Mount Calvary Lutheran School this week.  He seemed very excited and a little bit nervous about his first day.  We had met some of his classmates the week before at a play date and we also met with his teacher.  I think this helped ease his mind a bit. 
When we pulled up I wondered to myself, today is the first day right?  There were only a few cars in the parking lot and the playground was empty.  It was indeed the first day!  You may drop your child off anytime after 8:00am.  They are able to come right to their classroom to participate in a quite activity while they wait for school to begin at 8:30.  When we arrived at 8:20 most of Casey's classmates were already in the classroom sitting at their desks.  We hung his backpack up and he put his school shoes on.  He found his desk right away and the boy in front of him was quick to show us all of his new super hero folders.  Casey seemed fine and so we left.It was so nice to feel at peace when dropping my child off at school. 
Each day that I picked Casey up from school this week he seemed happy and had a lot to share with me about what he had done while at school.  Sometimes I would ask too many questions and he would say that we needed to wait to discuss it at dinner.  He would share with us what special he had, what he did at recess, what the Bible story was, and other random facts.  On Friday morning he had chapel.  It was so cool to hear him share with me a synopsis of what the devotion was all about.  Casey remembers things with such detail.  I think he is going to teach me a thing or two this year! 
Making a change to Mount Calvary Lutheran School was one of the best decisions Matt and I have made as parents.  I can't wait for Caleb to start preschool there this week! 



No comments: