Thursday, March 20, 2008

fun stuff!

Friday night Matt and I were able to have a date night while Casey spent the night at his cousin Hannah's house. We went to the Olive Garden for dinner and saw Vantage Point afterwards. It was a very good movie for those of you looking for something to do this weekend! Casey of course had a blast with his big cousin. Aunt Leah took them to McDonald's Saturday morning for some pancakes and fun. She said he was a really good boy.

Later that day Casey came home to rest up for grandpa and grandma Buntrock's visit. They flew in Saturday afternoon just in time to babysit Casey for us while we attended our very first Murder Mystery Party. It was a really neat experience and Matt ended up being the murderer. Who knew he had it in him?Sunday we celebrated Easter with Matt's mom's side of the family at Nana and Buppa's house (even though they were baking in the sun in Hawaii). Casey really enjoyed playing with all of his cousins and of course all of the toys. That night we left Casey with grandma and grandpa for a couple of days. Dad had to work anyways and mom had jury duty...

Most of you know that I didn't want anything to do with serving on a jury. Although I wasn't picked for a trial ( I was rejected in fact) it was still a good experience. It was neat to see how it all works and learn about the judicial system. I have a deeper respect for the Milwaukee County Court system. By the way, the trial that I was called for was really lame, a step father and his daughter were fighting over $500. I was glad that I wasn't chosen to be a part of that, it seemed like a waste of everyone's time.

The rest of the week we have been enjoying our time with Matt's parents. Unfortunately Matt has come down with something and he has been in bed. But hopefully we can get him feeling better by Easter Sunday. Keep him in your prayers please.

No comments: