Do any other parents out there feel like you are constantly taking strides forward and then something happens and you feel like you took a few back? That is how I have been feeling lately. When this happened when Casey was a baby I got very stressed out. Now the Lord has blessed me with a sense of humor when it comes to parenting and I can laugh about it or nod my sholders and say "oh well".
We were so excited a couple of weeks ago when we had finally transitioned Caleb and Casey into sharing a room. The first week was great, so we thought. Then we noticed a trend, Casey was extrememly cranky and Caleb was waking up 5-6 times per night. We came to the conclusion that Casey wasn't sleeping as well as we thought he was and Caleb was getting nuked every time he woke up so why not scream? Since then we have put Caleb out in the front room so that all can sleep again.
As soon as we were getting a descent nights sleep Caleb got sick. So the last few nights we have been up a lot with our sick baby boy. He has pink eye in both eyes and a terribly nasty cold. Poor baby can't breath. I am trying to think positive and cherish the middle of the night cuddles because I know that before long he will be as big as Casey.
The only thing I am going to say about potty training is that we are still in training. Who knew that pooping on the potty would be such a hard thing to get a child to do?!
Despite the sickness, dirty pants and lack of sleep the Lord continues to give me patience and guidance. Thank you Lord! I wonder how I would make it through the day without prayer and my devotions. It gives me the strength and energy to get through the day with my beautiful boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment