Monday, May 25, 2009

HE DID IT!


I'm proud to say that my hubby ran in the Madison half marathon yesterday! He has been training hard for the past few months and was able to finish somewhere between 1:50-1:55! Here is a shot of him on the stretch to the finish...

The night before the race we were invited over to Matt and Gretchen's house for a pasta dinner to load up our boys with carbs before the race. Matt is our friend from Sunday school class that has done 6-7 full marathons in the past 7 months. Our friends Bud and Jessica were also at the pasta party, Bud ran the 1/2 marathon with Matt. Gretchen did an awesome job, the pasta was great! The kids had a blast playing together...



I'm so glad that our friends talked me into going to the race...I wouldn't have wanted to miss this. I was a bit nervous about bringing the boys that early in the morning, but they were great. Gretchen and I packed up our kids in the minivan at 7am and headed off to see their daddies race.

After the race we were able to enjoy brat fest and horse races. Here are some shots from the fun!

Matt and Tim (co-worker friend) shortly after the race.

Matt, Matt and Bud...way to go guys!

Their proud wives (Joy, Jess, and Gretchen)

Here is Caleb jamming at brat fest! Casey was off enjoying the slides with daddy.


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

That's cute! I'm so glad you were able to go. We had such fun. Lilly has asked about 10 times since when she can ride in Casey's car.