Thursday, June 25, 2009

The heat is on!

All of you who live in Wisconsin can relate to this...every year about the end of February beginning of March I start to wonder why I still live in Wisconsin! Then we have our first hot streak and I say to myself...this is why I live in Wisconsin...I am so cranky when the weather is hot!

The past week we have gotten weather that is well into the 90's and humid (of course). So what do you do with two kids when it's hot outside? You play in the water!!!

On Monday I let Casey skip his nap to have some alone time with mommy. We played in our little pool and got out the beach ball sprinkler. Casey had a blast running through the ice cold water...brrr! The ice cream truck stopped right in front of our house that afternoon so I got Casey a push up. It melted before he had the chance to finish it.


Tuesday morning we met some friends at a local wading pool which I thought was supposed to be open...opps! After waiting in the hot weather for an hour (because we thought someone was coming to unlock the gate) and watching our children's faces turn tomato red from being over heated, we decided to jump the fence and go in anyways. The kids are too young to realize we were totally breaking the rules. It was a blast and a much needed cool down. As you can see, Caleb enjoys the water too...just like his big brother.


Today we met my sister and her girls (all 4 of them) at Fox Brooke beach in Brookfield. The water was perfect and so was the weather...83 and sunny (much better than the 90's). We arrived about at hour before the beach opened so the kids played in the sand and on the playground equiptment. I bought Casey a bright yellow hat to wear in the water so I can see him easily...he is a fish. His favorite thing to do is run and jump onto his belly. He then pretends to swim. It won't be long before he is swimming on his own. This week he started swimming lessons without daddy (it'll be ok honey).


Here's Riley and Caleb having a snack in the shade. Caleb was such a trooper today. No morning nap...he crashed before I pulled out of our parking space!
The beach was so nice I even got in and swam around a bit. That's when you know it's a clean beach folks. We will be going back again real soon.

No comments: