Here are some pictures of the boys playing in the water. It was really cold but very clean. The airshow started at 11:00 and we got their around 9:30 with the hopes of beating some traffic and grabbing good seats (which we did). Unfortunately our camera ran out of batteries so I don't have anymore pictures to share than the beach shots. Hopefully Leah will email me some shots of the airshow and I'll post them later.
Although we had an amazing day, there was 20 minutes of craziness...we lost Casey. He had just asked me if he could take his shirt off and his bright yellow hat came off as well. About 2 minutes later Nick asked where Casey was...we couldn't find him. So we all split up trying to cover the beach area. In the 20 minutes that he was missing we had dozens of people (strangers) helping us. The walking lifeguards, the police, and those around us. The lifeguards and my mom found him on the opposite end of the beach. For those of you who have been to Bradford...that is a really long ways. We all prayed while looking for him and kept it together...God is good. It just goes to show, even when there are 5 adults, it is easy for your kid to go missing. There were thousands of people at the lakefront today...I am so glad he just wandered and was not taken. I learned a valuable lesson today...Casey does wander off and I need to watch him more closely.
No comments:
Post a Comment