Tuesday, September 8, 2009

catching up


Matt is upstairs making salsa (let me know if you want some) and the boys are sound asleep so I thought it would be a good time to update the blog.

The last couple of weeks the little guys and me have all gotten sick. Casey ended up missing his first day of three year old preschool because he had a fever and mama wasn't feeling all that great either. To be honest, I didn't mention it and I don't really think he knew the difference when I said that Thursday was his first day! When I walked him to his new room he acted the least bit phased by the fact that we were going to a new classroom (he attended 2 year old preschool at CCC last school year as well). He peaked into the classroom to find that his friend Trent was in his class. Don't let the door hit you on the way out mom! Ok, maybe I am being a bit dramatic, but it seems as if both of my children could care less when I leave them places. Thank goodness they get excited to see me when I pick them up, otherwise people might start to wonder...
1st day of school

I know that all of you have heard us comment about what a spirited and passionate child Casey is. The older he gets, the more we fall in love with those characteristics. Partly because the screaming episodes are far and few between! His laughter is contagious and his smile is such a blessing. He is so full of life and love. The older he gets the more I fall in love with him. Caleb had his first swim class with daddy this week. Matt said that Caleb seemed to really enjoy it. He isn't quite as animated as Casey so sometimes it is hard to tell. I'm sure he was taking it all in. Hopefully it will be a special time of bonding with his pappa. Below you can see him floating with the kickboard. He looks like he's on a mission to get that green ring.



As Caleb is getting older (almost 14 months now) his personaltity is starting to shine. He sure does have an opinion about things and doesn't like it when his big brother bullies him. I can always tell when Casey has taken a toy away or pushed him down just by the loud scream Caleb lets out.

Besides the typical baby babble, whining and screaming...Caleb has begun to say a few things. His vocabulary consists of quack quack, ah-oh, nuk (more like nuuuuuut), more (ma), and all done (ah da). Pretty impressive hey?

What is most impressive to me is how much this kid can eat and stay so thin! He is our long, lean machine. Here are some pictures to show you just how much he loves his food.

Eating corn out of daddy's garden (not cooked)

Here he is learning to use a spoon to eat his yogurt
(he likes to have 2 spoons, gets it in their faster)
Here he is eating applesauce that he had pulled off the table...couldn't wait just two more minutes for mommy to finish dinner


Another first for Caleb...his very first girlfriend...Lucy (Eli's little sister).
I have to admit, she couldn't keep her eyes off of him that day!


Caleb also really enjoys playing with the big kids. Whatever Casey is doing, Caleb wants to do too. Today I found them playing trucks together. Casey is very good at playing with his brother as long as Caleb keeps his hands out of Casey's play area.

Here is a cute video clip of Casey and Caleb playing peek-a-boo. For those of you who get my blog entries by email, you will have to go to the blog site to play this one...it is worth it just to hear the boys laughing together. Music to my ears!




No comments: