Friday, October 23, 2009

birthday surpise

Yesterday was my 31st birthday...or was it my 21st??? Whose counting anyways?!

Caleb has been sick and started to run a fever on Wednesday afternoon. So I spent my day trying to entertain a very unhappy, miserable boy. We were able to get into the doctor to find out that my poor baby has the H1N1 virus. The doctor was very sure about her diagnosis so I didn't make her swab for confirmation. Really it doesn't matter because there is no treatment anyways!

Now Matt appears to be coming down with it so he is unable to go with me to the Casting Crowns concert this evening:( My brother is going to be my date which should be fun.

When we look past the fact they my baby was sick and the weather was cold and rainy yesterday...I still had some fun. Matt had left me a birthday card with some hints about where he hid my gifts. It was a lot of fun to hunt around the house to find some of my favorite treats. He got me a hot chocolate mix from Williams Sonoma that was so yummy. He even thought to get marshmallows and whip cream. What a guy!

I ended the day curled up on the couch with my hubby and some popcorn to watch The Proposal, cute movie by the way.

When your a mom even the day that is supposed to be all about you really isn't. That's ok...I wouldn't change my life for a million bucks!

No comments: