Tuesday, August 30, 2011

As summer comes to an end...

The past couple of weeks of summer vacation have been a whirlwind. In fact, the whole summer went by incredibly fast. I have to take a few moments to share with you the fun we have had over the past several weeks.

MILWAUKEE ZOO
The boys and I are so blessed to have so many great friends to share adventures with. On this particular trip to the Zoo we met up with some of our favorite pals.

Here's the group minus the 3 babies

Here are the moms of these little ones, so calm and put together


Now here is a picture of them sharing a laugh as their 5 year olds
try to capture them on camera


I love this picture because it captures Eli's excitement.

Here's Joshua and I with his newest girlfriend Hazel

Caleb and his pal Calvin monkeyin' around


Now what are they up to???

Here's Joshua with his other girlfriend Ada. Don't their moms feed them?

SPECIAL DATE WITH CALEB
Now that Casey rides his bike without training wheels it has given Matt the opportunity to take him on many special bike rides. You can imagine how sad this makes Caleb. So I decided that I was going to take him on a bike ride so that he would feel a little better. The two of us rode to Frame Park to do a loop around the river and play on the playground.



FOX BROOK BEACH
We love to go to the beach. If it wasn't so much work I think I would go multiple times per week. Maybe when the boys are a little older and I don't have to carry in a million things!
Joshua is a true beach bum

Caleb and his pal Cal with their boats

Working on making a river

OUR POOL
Our "big" pool has provided us with so much fun this summer. Some of my favorite memories are when the little ones are napping and Casey and I go for a swim together in the afternoon.

Here is my CA boy

Look at that form...


Joshua loves to watch all of the action from the sidelines
HOREB SPRINGS
One day I decided to skip the afternoon naps and head to the pool. This particular pool is not open in the morning so we hadn't been here before. The Reeds gave us free passes and we met them and Grandma Karen there for some fun. The kids loved it!






FORT CUSHINGS PARK

Last week I met a good friend at this beautiful park with her two little ones.
What a fun place.
After playing on the play ground for a bit we took a walk on the boardwalk.

After our friends left we stayed around for a bit to have a picnic and play some more.



In just two short days Casey will start all day Kindergarten at the school across the street. I know he is going to love it. I am looking forward to getting into a new fall routine as the little ones and I fill our days with learning and fun.


No comments: