In preschool Casey had a friend who he would play soccer with at recess. He showed some interest so we signed him up for a fun soccer program over the summer. Since he enjoyed it so much we asked him if he would be interested in playing on a team with daddy as his coach. He was excited and pumped up for the season.
The first practice went great! Casey had a great time, and so did Matt. Unfortunatley the first game didn't go so well. During his summer league he never had to play a real game, he was used to doing drills and having everyone get a turn. Needless to say, he ended up in tears on the field and refused to play in the game that day.
After a week of talking about it and explaining to Casey what an important part of the team he is, we thought that maybe we had a 50% chance of him playing in the second game. I rounded up some of my mommy friends to pray for Casey that morning. Joshua was sick so I had to stay home and I missed the game.
When Casey got home he couldn't wait to show me which award he had earned. I was hoping for the effort award...instead he had earned the offense award. Casey had not only played that day...he even scored a goal! I couldn't believe I missed his first goal! It was probably a good thing. I may have run onto the field and completely embarrassed the poor kid.
Here are some pictures of my soccer star!
Practicing shooting...which paid off:)
Game day...picture with the coach!
I love how grown up he looks in his uniform
What kind of a dad benches his own kid? Just kidding, it was Casey's turn to sit out.
Here is Casey after they announced his name and he ran out of the tunnel
So proud of our big boy!
He learned a lot this week about determination, cooperation and humility.
Practicing shooting...which paid off:)
He learned a lot this week about determination, cooperation and humility.
No comments:
Post a Comment