| Dear Jesus, I hope everyone believes in you. Love Casey |
Casey: Caleb do you believe that Jesus died on the cross to save you from your sins?
Caleb: No (laughing)
Casey: You should! Did you know that if you believe in Jesus you get to live in heaven with Him and me forever! You don't get to bring your toys with you but there will be treasures in heaven for you. Do you know that if you don't believe in Jesus you will go to another place called hell where there is lots of hot fire. You don't want to go there Caleb.
Caleb: No I don't!
Casey: Caleb, don't worry about Jesus. He died on the cross but then 3 days later he rose again and now he is living in heaven. Isn't that great?
Caleb: Yeah!
Casey: Caleb, do you believe in Jesus? You should.
Caleb: Sure Casey.
As I stood around the corner listening to Casey tears started welling up in my eyes...he really gets it! Not only does he understand what Jesus did for all of us on the cross, he wants his brother to know and understand too. I told him how proud I was of him for teaching Caleb such an important lesson. Hopefully someday both of his brothers will believe too.
No comments:
Post a Comment