Friday, January 27, 2012

Knitting Projects

In my last semester of college one of my roommates taught me how to knit.  That was about 10 years ago. Boy does time fly!  I finally finished the scarf that I started all those years ago.  I am going to wear it, even if it does have a ton of flaws.



About a year ago I was in my last trimester of Joshua's pregnancy when I broke my foot.  I decided to knit him a blanket while I spent my days on the couch with my foot up.  It wasn't until recently that I finally finished it.  What can I say, life got a little busy once he was born!

 


A couple of weeks ago I decided to knit a cowl to wear around my neck to keep me warm.  This one didn't turn out quite like I had planned so I sewed the ends together to create a bulky cowl. 



This brown cowl is still in need of a button.  I will be giving this one away as a gift to my sister-in-law for her birthday(hope she doesn't read this before tomorrow!)

 

Some lessons I have learned:
1.  Don't leave your knitting projects in your children's reach.  Caleb liked to pull my knitting needles out and use them as a weapon.
2.  The bigger the needle, the easier the knitting. 
3.  Different types of yarn really make a big difference in the look of the item, even if you use the same type of stitch.

I am thinking that my next project may be a smaller cowl for myself and then a headband. These smaller projects are so easy and fun to do. 

No comments: