Tuesday, January 31, 2012

LEGO party!

This year Casey wanted to have a LEGO themed birthday party.  We decided to invite family and a few friends from church to join in fun.  Below you can see the invites that Casey helped me make.

This party was so easy and fun to plan.  Of course I borrowed many ideas from Pinterest (my new favorite website).  What was so great about preparing for this party was that the boys were able to help me and we had a lot of the supplies at home. 

The party was scheduled for Sunday afternoon at 3:00pm.  At about 2:00am Caleb woke up puking.  After cleaning him and his bed up it was back to bed where I sat there thinking about what we were going to do about Casey's birthday party.  There was no way we could bring all of our friends and family into our germ infested home! 

At 7:30 I called my sister and asked her if we could have the party at her place.  She said yes with a panicked sound in her voice.  I told her I would be there right after church to help clean up the house. 

At about noon Casey and I arrived at the Reed house to clean and get set up.  The kids helped Leah clean up the basement while Nick and I tackled the main floor.  The kids headed outside while I set up for the party.  It was so fun to see everything come together. 
 Goodie bags for all the kids. 

 Place settings were just plain color plates, napkins and cups in LEGO colors.

PARTY TIME! 
While Casey and his cousins were waiting for friends to arrive they were having a little free play with the LEGOS. 

The first game we played was called LEGO creation.  There is a bag of different LEGO shapes that goes around the circle.  When it is your turn you choose one and place it on the board where you would like.  When the bag is empty you have a LEGO creation that the kids created as a team. 




Next the kids each had to find a hiding LEGO man!


The third game was a partner contest.  The kids had about 5 minutes to work with their partners to create a tower.  When time was up they had to let go of their tower.  The tower that was the tallest and stayed standing was Eli and Casey's tower. 






The last activity we did was the LEGO toss.  The object of this game is to get as many points as you can by tossing LEGO into rings.  ELI had the most points so he got to pick his prize first.  Then the person with the next highest score picked their prize next and so on until everyone got a prize. 



After cake it was time to open presents.  Casey got some really cool gifts this year.  Lego sets, fun space things for his room, games, transformers, and even homemade finger paint!  What a lucky boy to be loved by so many. 


After Casey's friends left it was time for the adults to have some fun. 
 The adults had about 10 minutes to create a masterpiece. 

There were towers, robots, a Packer guy and a helicopter.
  
  I thought for sure judge Casey would choose a robot or the helicopter.
Nope, he picked his Aunt Leah's tower. I guess he was going for height...

The last activity was for both the adults and kids.  They had to guess how many LEGOS were in the jar.  The answer was 70. 
The closest guess was my brother's...he said 64.  He won these yummy candies. 

This party was so much fun.  I am pretty sure all the guests had a good time. 
Thanks to all who helped to make this day special for Casey!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

JOY! It turned out great! You are so creative and fun. I bet Casey loved it. Way to go friend!