I woke up at 6:30am and decided to rest for a few more minutes. I got up and went downstairs about 6:45 so I could sneak my daily Bible reading in before the kids got up.
I had a few extra minutes to check my email and go downstairs to assess the laundry situation. I got the laundry started, but never got around to finishing it.
7:00am and my morning boy Casey came down to join me. The rule in our house is that you don't get out of your room before 7:00am. Casey is almost always up by then. Joshua followed shortly after. He was not happy to have a flash in his eyes.
We started out by eating some breakfast and coloring. As they were doing that I was making my Target list and going through coupons.
I also took a moment to jot down my list of things I wanted to accomplish today.
I woke Caleb up at 8:00 because we needed to leave the house by 8:45. Casey and I had a debate about where his snow pants were. I ended up being right, they were at school. After I got him out the door it was time to get the little men ready to go. I needed to deliver a meal before heading to the YMCA for my ZUMBA class.
No time to clean up the breakfast mess...oh well.
We made it to the YMCA just in time. ZUMBA here I come!
Caleb is in the last stages of potty training. In order to help motivate him to stay clean and dry while he is in kid care at the YMCA, I bribe him with some play time in the kids gym after I pick them up. All 3 days this week it has worked! Usually I would be called during my workout to come and change him...stinker. Anyways, here are some shots of the kids enjoying their time in the kids gym.
It is now 10:45 and we are off to Target. I have a list of household items that we are in need of. The main one being the Downy sheets for the dryer.
30 minutes later and we are in the car jammin' to Vegetales Christmas CD.
Gotta stop for my $1 coke!
We get home and the kids eat lunch while I unload the Target loot.
Caleb loves to help me clean up the floor after meals. He also likes to help set the table.
It is now 12:30...time to play! Caleb and I start with a game of memory. He beats me fair and square both times.
Joshua enjoys chewing on the cards we aren't using.
Gotta sneak Joshie's 11 month picture with the sausages in!
Time to work on those small motor skills. We decide to draw a train mural
on the back of a cardboard box.
Joshua enjoyed playing with the markers until I noticed that he had an open one! A little blue marker on his face and hands. Good thing they were washable.
We were having so much fun I decided to keep them up a little bit longer than usual. Joshie started to get hungry and tired. Here we are cuddled up having our ba-ba.
What would playtime be without a game of catch?
Ahh...it is 1:45 and I have finally taken a shower! Now it is time to do my study and relax a bit. I spend the rest of nap time cleaning up the house, playing on the computer and getting some of the random things checked off my list. Casey gets home at 3:30 and his brothers are still sleeping. We sit at the table and have a snack while Casey tells me about his day. Then we work on his homework, reading two books and journaling.
The rest of the night is a bit of a blur....Wednesday nights usually are. The boys watch a video while I get dinner ready and set the table. Matt gets home and we eat. Tonight we had Zesty chicken bake. After dinner Matt, Casey and Caleb head out for Awana at church. Joshua and I headed out to do a couple of errands. We went to Walgreens to pick up medication and Office Max to get a mouse for my laptop.
When Joshua and I got home it was time to have a bottle, read books and tuck him in. I then painted a cute little All Star quote on Caleb's wall. I sat down to start this Blog post and my big boys got home.
I think that tomorrow we will hang out at home. This momma is pooped!
1 comment:
Whew...I am exhausted just reading this post...good thing you have tons of energy...maybe send some my way?
Post a Comment