Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More projects inspired by Pinterest!

What is Pinterest?

Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.

I have never felt so crafty in my 33 years of life.  I have been painting, crafting and cooking like a crazy woman!  Tonight's dinner was a recipe I found on Pinterest...taco bake.  Matt and Joshua gave it a thumbs up. 

This past weekend I was on a mission to create banks for the boys.  Now that Casey is six we decided it is time to start giving him a weekly allowance.  I wanted to create 3 banks for each boy; save, spend, give.  This is part of the Financial Peach Junior program created by Dave Ramsey.  The money in the savings jar will be put into their bank account, the spend jar can be used to buy whatever they want, and the give jar will eventually be their tithes.  For now they will use their give jar to buy things for others in need. 

I found a cute picture of a mason jar bank on you guessed it, Pinterest.  Casey helped me decorate the jars.   All I needed was mason jars, scrapbook stickers, cardboard and fun paper.  Each set matches the decor in their bedroom.  Totally easy and fun!

Casey's jars...stars.

Caleb's jars...balls
 Joshua's jars...airplanes
 The top was a cardboard circle covered with paper.  I cut a slit large enough to fit a quarter through.

Matt and I needed a jar too!

The boys each have responsibilities around the house. 
Joshua's duties include helping to unload the dishwasher...just kidding. 



Casey's responsibilities:
keep his room clean
make his bed
put away his laundry
keep playroom clean
clear the dinner table

Caleb's responsibilities:
keep his room clean
make his bed
keep playroom clean
set the dinner table
 
Another fun thing I have been experimenting with is fun braids that I found on Pinterest. 
Here is my attempt at a waterfall french braid. 


 This one I came up with on my own.  I used the overhead projector to assist me in painting this above our storage bench in the kitchen. 
The next thing I want to tackle is this area....

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Love the jars! Also, love the braid! I practiced that on Alyssa's hair but it didn't stay. :(

Jennie Duty said...

Joy, you are so talented! I LOVE the mason jars, and may borrow it. We also use Ramsey's Junior books and system, but have the envelopes that came with it. I like how you can visually see the money building up in the jars, plus they are so cute. Also love the braids - I'm into that, also. Great job!