Friday, February 8, 2008

What a week!

Casey successfully transitioned into the 2 year old room at church on Sunday. He was so excited to go to his new room and meet his new friends. They said he did a great job following along with the routine. He even came home with a craft project that day. What a big boy!

The rest of the week has been a very interesting week for Casey. On Tuesday morning we were on our way to Bible study and I realized that I needed to put some gas in the van. I always turn the van off but leave the keys in the ignition so Casey can still listen to his music. Well, some how that day I locked myself out of the van. The man at the gas station was kind enough to let me use his cell phone to call the police. About 10 minutes later a fire truck pulled up with lights and sirens blaring....how embarrassing! To top it off all 5 firemen got off the truck to help me get into the van. Casey's eyes were huge with excitement as he watched the firemen "rescue" him!



On Wednesday we got a huge snowstorm and Casey and I adventured out to do some shoveling mid morning. Casey really enjoyed following me around and jumping in the snowbanks I was creating. I attempted to make him a frosty the snowman but it was no use. That is a job for daddy. Poor Matt shoveled 3 other times that day. We haven't seen this much snow since 1997 the news said.


Thursday we had an adventure at the grocery store of all places! Due to all of the snow the parking lot wasn't completely plowed all of the way. Needless to say when I adventured out of the store with my bags of groceries and Casey in the front of the cart we didn't get too far. A nice man offered to help me get to the van. As he was pulling and I was pushing the cart, a car that was stuck began to spin it's wheels and snow came flying at us. Casey thought it was great, the man helping us didn't appreciate it so much!

At the end of such a crazy week Casey had a nice long bubble bath to relax. What a week!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Joy-
I totally feel your pain with the shopping cart thing. The same thing happened to us! There was so much sludge on the ground that it was really hard to push a cart through it, let alone with a little boy and groceries! (I must say, it was a good workout, though...)
A.