Monday, April 28, 2008

Big stuff!

As I am entering my third trimester a lot of things are getting a bit harder for me to do. I find myself having a hard time making it through my aerobics classes, walking for a long time, and picking up heavy things...such as Casey! By the end of last week I found that every time I picked him up I would get shooting pains in my belly. So this weekend we decided to remove the side from his crib and put up a bed rail.

We weren't sure how it would go but so far it has been ok. He has a little step stool that he uses to climb up to his bed and then he falls over the rail. Last night he was so tired he went right to sleep. Today at nap time however was a different story. We have been taking special privileges away from Casey when he doesn't listen to us or gives us a hard time. Today that special privilege was story time before nap. He screamed and screamed until all of a sudden it became a whine but a very close one. I opened his door to find him standing on his football rug chewing blanky! I never heard a thud so I don't think he fell. He told me he jumped out! We cuddled and had a little chat and then he climbed back in and was sleeping in about 10 minutes. We'll see how it goes, but it sure is nice not having to hoist him over the crib!

No comments: