Thursday, October 2, 2008

potty training

Well, we decided to get down to business and really work with Casey on going on the potty. He continuously tells us when he is pooping and when he wants his diaper changed. So we bought some Thomas the train and Nemo underwear, some trucks and cars to use as prizes and we were set to go.

We started slowly by introducing him to the potty and showing him the underwear. Tuesday night we put him in the underwear and he had a few accidents along with one success. I missed it of course! So far he is doing pretty good about letting us put him on the potty every hour to try. He has gone a few times on the potty but has had many accidents as well. He tells me he has to go as it is dripping down his legs. This morning he went poopy on the potty though. This video says it all.


.

Caleb has been great through it all. I have had to put him down a few times to assist Casey as urine is dripping down his legs. One time I was nursing him and had to take a break to clean up Casey. Caleb didn't mind at all, he is so easy going. I think he is entertained by the excitement of
it all. To tell you the truth, I think we all are!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Good for you. I'll wait till you are an expert at potty training before I even attempt it.

Jamie said...

Yeah Casey!! Let me know how things go cause I don't even want to think about potty training two boys...YIKES!