Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful heart

It is that time of year when it is so easy to get swept up in the hustle and bustle of the season. I encourage you to take a step back this Thanksgiving to really think about all of the blessings God has given you.

Maybe this has been a tough year for you and it is hard to find blessings in your sorrow. I had a year like that not so long ago. We lost our little angel a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. Although it was hard for me to see blessing at that time, I can look back and see how God was working in my life. For starters, I still was here on Earth with a purpose and a story that would be used to bring Him glory.

This year has been a year where I can't begin to count the blessings! What a wonderful feeling that is. I have an amazing husband, two beautiful healthy boys, my health, close family, great Christian friends, a roof over my head and warm food on the table every day.

What I realized is that no matter what is going on in my life (good or bad) I always have one very important thing to give thanks for....my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Without him and what he has done for me I would not have the hope of eternal life. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

So as this holiday season gets started make sure that between all of the yummy food and shopping for hot deals you take time to give thanks to our amazing creator for the most amazing gift of all. God bless!

No comments: