Saturday, November 8, 2008

Trainfest 2008

Trainfest 2008 was on Saturday the 8th, Joy had to work that day so it turned into a Daddy-Casey adventure. Joy asked Karen to watch Caleb so Casey and I could go hang out together. Casey is into trains, big trucks, construction vehicles, helicopters basically anything big that moves. I had been talking to him about the show for a couple of days so he was very very excited to go. The show was HUGE - it took up the whole expo center at state fair, there were trains of all sizes, types and yes there was plenty of Thomas the tank engine. Casey got to start and stop one of the trains at a booth (I somehow forgot to take a picture). There was a Lego setup complete with Lego trains. There was a train you could ride but it was a circus theme, and Casey wanted nothing to do with it. One thing I learned, the smart or experienced train show parents brought a stool for their little one to stand on so they can see, otherwise most of the exhibits are to high. I ended up carry Casey most of the time, at least I got a work out (sorta) out of the day. Casey's favorite of the day was the exhibit pictured below, I thought it was cool too. It was the only setup that was on the floor, they had multiple trains going at the same time, there was a Christmas train, a Thomas train, a Percy train, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. There is a video that goes along here, it's neat but a little long.


After we got back to the car Casey said "I went to the train show and it was fun" and when we got home he told me he wanted to go back. It was so cool to see Casey so excited and having such a fun time. I love being a dad.

No comments: