When we got to my dad's it was getting late. So we got the boys ready for a good night sleep (or so we hoped). Casey slept in a twin bed...big stuff. He didn't really sleep all that well though. I think he was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. Between Caleb and Casey waking us up I think we got only a few hours of sleep. But I got to sleep in while Sheryl took care of the boys.
Matt and my dad went hunting early Wednesday morning. They saw a couple of deer but no shots were fired that morning. It was a beautiful sunny morning though and Matt really enjoyed his first time out. In fact he will be going back the first weekend in January to hunt again!
We spent most of Wednesday relaxing and playing. My sister and her family came up Wednesday night and that is when the fun really began...for the kids that is. I had taken the boys outside that day so we got a great night of sleep that night.
Thursday was Thanksgiving and my dad made us buttermilk pancakes for breakfast...yum! We had a great time playing and relaxing that morning. We put all four big kids in the bath to clean them up for the big day.
We had a great Thanksgiving dinner with my family. We all agreed there was lots to be thankful for this year. Matt is especially thankful for his trophy wife (inside joke with family)!
No comments:
Post a Comment