On Friday the rain stopped and the sun came out just in time for us as we pulled in for our fun weekend in the Dells. Casey and his cousins Hannah, Hailey and Riley were so excited to see each other and run around free. Leah and Nick were in charge of cooking dinner for everyone that night. They made brats, hot dogs, pasta salads, corn and some other goodies. We just sort of hung out that night and let the kids play around the cabin areas. It was really cool because we were all together in a secluded area so it felt very private. We were able to let the kids be and not have to worry about them bothering any neighbors. I should have counted how many times I heard Leah ask where one of her three girls was though. It is much harder to keep track of 3 versus 1!

Saturday was beautiful day and we had tons of fun. Dad and Sheryl made an awesome breakfast to get us all going. After that it was time to entertain the little ones! I will walk you through some of the highlights. First we spent some time at the playground with the kids letting them run around and explore.


Next the boys decided it would be fun to rent the peddle cars and go for a race. Casey and Hannah both enjoyed a short ride on the back of Matt's bike. Leah and I tried the cars out but only for a brief few minutes...it was really hard! I guarantee my dad would second that one!


Finally it warmed up enough to take the kids swimming. Leah and the girls hung out on the steps playing with their water toys while Casey swam with daddy and cousin Clayton. As always he had a blast.

With all of the excitement we had a hard time getting Casey to settle down for a nap. He finally crashed in his stroller while we were taking a walk to get ice cream (for me). It was good because it forced us to take a nice long walk.

Saturday night Matt and I were in charge of cooking dinner for everyone. We made pizza puggy pies. Andy brought stuff for dessert and grandma and grandpa made cake and home made ice cream. The Reed girls really dug the ice cream. Like mother like daughter! Casey and I dug the cake! I also dug the smores later that night. If your counting I am on like dessert 3or 4 for the day...but who is counting these days?

Saturday night the adults enjoyed some time by the fire talking and hanging out. We were hoping to get up and spend the day at Devil's Lake State Park but were just too tired. Instead we came home early and enjoyed the weather at home. Casey is sleeping like a baby and all is quiet...for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment