Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wedding Celebration!


On Friday night my friend Kari got married to Scott. Kari went to high school with Matt and I and was one of my college roommates. She stood up in our wedding almost 5 years ago. She is a dear friend and we are so excited for her. Doesn't she look gorgeous?

Kari had asked me to say the blessing before dinner at the reception. I thought it was cool that she had both recognized and respected that my relationship with the Lord has grown over the years and asked me to be a part of her special day in a spiritual way! That is what is great about Kari, she loves you for who you are and finds a way to include everyone. Scott is a lucky guy.

Now the cute little blond on the right in the picture above and below is another one of my college roommates named Lori. She flew in from Missouri for the big day. On Thursday she hung out with Casey and I and we were able to catch up. It was so nice to hang out with her again, I miss her a lot. Casey was a fan of crazy Lori too. He called her wori. He doesn't say his L's very well yet.

The tall beauty on the left below is a friend from college as well. Her name is Heidi and she actually graduated in the same program as I did. Her and her hubby John live in Sussex not to far from us. It was also nice to hang out with them and see what is new in their life as well.

Matt and I had a nice night out enjoying our friends company and watching a dear friend enter into the special bond of marriage. She waited a long time to find Mr. right! The wedding and reception were beautiful. Due to my uncomfortable state Matt and I didn't get the opportunity to dance at this wedding. I tell you though, between the dinner and the ice cream cake I was in prego heaven!
Did I mention there is nothing like looking at pictures of yourself standing next to these beautiful thin girls when you are 35 weeks pregnant....ahhhh! This too shall pass!

No comments: