We made it to Vegas safe and sound on Thursday. This was a blessing after finding out Wednesday evening that Caleb had RSV, broncialitis, and an ear infection. Both boys did great on the plane...in fact we couldn't of asked for a better trip. Casey was absolutely thrilled about riding on an airplane. We sat right over the wing which made take off and landing loads of fun. Casey entertained the folks around us with his excitement and comments. He let us know that the elevators were helping us go up and down. He also commented about how he hoped we wouldn't crash! Once we got to the Vegas airport we got to ride on a tram (which was a train in Casey's opinion). This is the most excited I have ever seen him. He couldn't wait to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Auntie Nikki, Uncle Rj and Dobby (their dog) picked us up at the airport. It took Casey awhile, but he got used to Dobby. He even fed him out of his hand! This is pretty crazy for those of you who know how scared of dogs Casey is. When we got here we hung out, went swimming and played wii for the first time. It was a lot of fun. I think Matt may be addicted.
Friday was really windy and cool so we didn't do a whole lot. Well, Matt and I did take an 8 mile walk that morning. We visited grandma's work to show off the boys and then we hung out around the house.
Today we made one of Casey's dreams come true...he got to go on a real train ride! Down in Boulder City they have a train museum. The tracks and trains were used in building the hoover dam. Anyways, Casey was excited yet a bit unsure. He was attached to daddy most of the time. He wouldn't let go of his yellow ticket the entire ride. Afterwards Grandma bought him a steam engine that he named Hannah...go figure.
Tomorrow we are going on a brunch cruise. I am sure Casey will love that as well. Then Matt and I have some fun planned for ourselves. Nikki got us a great deal on tickets to see the "O" water show (one I have wanted to see for a long time). We also will be staying on the strip for a couple of days as well. Hopefully I will have great stories to share when we return!
2 comments:
Glad things are going well! We miss you! :)
Looks like you are having loads of fun! We miss you lots!
Post a Comment