Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!


Matt and I had an absolute blast staying at the Encore on the Las Vegas strip! Nikki and her fiance RJ hooked us up with a great deal (RJ works at the Wynn which is part of the Encore). Anyways, the Encore is a hotel that Matt and I could not afford to stay at without this amazing deal...so thanks guys!
The best part about this whole thing is that Matt had no idea we were staying there until Nikki dropped us off. He thought we were staying at the Luxor...nice, but nothing like this place. He was pleasantly surprised to find out that we were going to be treated like royalty for a couple of days. Happy 30th baby! We had a room on the 57th floor which gave us an amazing view of the strip. Matt the picture above from our windows. Gorgeous! If you get the chance you should check out the website for the hotel, www.encorelasvegas.com I can't begin to tell you the cool amenities of this place. A couple of our favorites were the gadget by the bed that controlled the lights and the shades, the tv in the bathroom that was as big as our house and the television that swiveled from the bedroom to the living area! Below you can see the Wynn and the Encore (they are two buildings but one resort).
Besides being in awe of our room we also did a lot of eating...I mean a lot. Is it possible to gain 5 pounds in 2 days??? We had three buffets of which we really only enjoyed one. The breakfast buffet at Treasure Island rocked! All I have to say is chocolate covered strawberries for breakfast are great.
Besides eating we did a lot of walking around and spent almost the entire afternoon at the pool on Tuesday. Did I mention we slept in until almost 11:00 that day??? We haven't done that in a few years (before kids). It was such a fun and relaxing break. What a blessing quality time with my hubby is!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Thou shall not covet... thou shall not covet... I can still hate you a little right? :)

I'm so glad you guys are having such an awesome time. You missed our high of 50 today!