I really can say that I love the three year old stage. Sure there is whining, back talk and some crazy energy...but for the most part it is a lot of fun. Here are a couple of Casey stories that are sure to make you laugh.
As a lot of you know, it has been a real struggle to get Casey to do number 2 on the potty. My new tactic is letting him suck on a lolly pop while sitting on the potty. The deal is that he has to at least try to push. So yesterday he was pushing and a lot of gas was coming out. He jumped off the potty and looked into the toilet with excitement and exclaimed, "where did all of my farts go?!" I had to explain that you can only hear and smell farts.
My new favorite thing that Casey has started is saying "mommy, mommy ...." with such excitement when he wants to tell me something. It can be about what animal cracker he is eating, what toy he is playing with, or something Caleb has done. He is so full of life these days.
Last but not least, we have entered the bug phase. Last week Casey was mushing ants and collecting them in his hand. Each one had a name, Hannah was of course the first one. Then when it rained a couple of days ago we were really into playing with the worms, dead or alive. I don't know if I am ready for this phase...yuck!
The joys of being a mom of 2 boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment