We can check one item off of our list of things to do in our 30's! On Thursday we climbed Turtlehead Peak at Red Rock State Park in Las Vegas. This is considered a difficult hike according to hiking guides. It is only 4 miles long...but we went up 2000 feet in elevation. This is by far the hardest hike I have ever done, I feel a sense of accomplishment.
Matt and I did not do this hike on our own, we were joined by Matt's sister Nikki, her fiance RJ and Dobby their dog (who is a true hiking pup). I couldn't have made it up and back without the help of RJ and Matt. I felt like someone was either holding my hand, pushing me from the back or telling me where to put my fooot. Here are some pictures from our awesome adventure.
Here you can see Turtlehead in the background. This is before we started the hike.
Here is a picture of RJ doing some "off trailing"
Matt wanted to do some "off trailing" as well...it made me nervous.
Half way there...still smiling (started sweating)
Almost there...needed a little break
RJ and Nikki needed a break too!

We made it to the top...smooch!

We made it to the top...smooch!
No comments:
Post a Comment