Monday, April 27, 2009

Girl time


My sister Leah had a scheduled C-section on Friday morning. Her and Nick are the proud parents of yet another daughter...Lucy Nichole! She came out measuring 18 inches long and weighing 7 pounds 8 ounces. She is a real cutie pie!

On Friday afternoon I began my adventure with the girls. Matt and the boys spent a couple of hours with us before heading home for bed. We put up the famous stork outside so all of the neighbors would know that they had another girl. This stork has been passed back and forth between our homes since Hannah was born. Matt and I aren't quite sure we want it back...ever!
The kids got a real kick out of having a big bird in the front yard. Hannah was worried about it getting wet in the rain.

Friday night the girls slept well and so did I. Good thing too because those girls took a lot of my energy on Saturday! We spent the first couple hours of the day getting ready to go meet Lucy! I gave them manicures and pedicures...well sort of. Then I did each one's hair and got them into a pretty dress. I spent the most time on Hannah because she would sit still a lot better than the twins. When I was finished she looked in the mirror and said, "I look like I'm going to a wedding! Mommy is going to think I look so beautiful". That is a true princess for ya! Saturday night the twins spent time with grandma and I brought Hannah home to have a sleep over with Casey. We put a mattress on the floor next to Casey's bed and they had a blast. I worked that night so I missed most of the fun:( Matt said he went in their about 9pm and made them go to bed. The next morning it was fun to wake up to them giggling and talking. They really are the best of buds.

After church on Sunday we went to lunch and then dropped Hannah off at home before heading to the hospital. Casey was very excited about meeting his new little cousin. He has had lots of practice being gentle with his own little brother so he did very well. We were so proud of what a good boy he was at the hospital. Look how grown up he looks! My dad commented that he looks like he should be going to kindergarten in the fall...2 years to go!

No comments: