
We had a fun weekend full of adventures and activities. On Friday night we had some friends over for a pizza party. Our good friends Mike and Jamie and their son Jackson who is almost 20 months as well as Henry and Jenny and their new baby boy Matthew (pictured above). Not only did Casey share his toys with his friend Jack, he displayed some good behavior for our guests as well. We did a little experiment with baby Matthew and Casey that created some fun. I held baby Matthew and asked Casey what mommy had in her arms. He came over and said baby and gently touched the baby. Soon after he was off and playing without a care in the world. Shortly after though I handed the baby over to daddy, Casey didn't like that at all. Casey said, "no, put it down" several times. Finally I asked where he would like us to put the baby and he said, "in the garage". I guess it could have been worse if he said in the garbage! I predict that Casey is going to have a hard time sharing daddy with his new brother or sister!

The rest of the weekend was spent doing errands, working and going to church on Sunday morning. Casey and I took a lovely nap on Sunday afternoon. This gave Matt a chance to get some work done. Sunday was a beautiful day though so we made some ribs and spent some time at the park. Casey has been making a lot of new friends at the park. He prefers the older kids, but sometimes he'll get along well with someone his own age. The other day he played chase and catch with a boy about his age for a good 20 minutes. They both were red in the face when the game was over. Casey napped well that day!
Monday was another lovely day and Matt had his first softball game. He has played on our church league for the past 3 years and this year they changed things up a bit so he is playing with a lot of different guys. Nick, our brother in-law, is also playing again this year. Because it was such a nice day we decided to picnic and play at the park before the game. Casey really enjoys the merry go round, swings and the slides. Grandma Karen met us at the game to help cheer on the boys and help me keep track of Casey. Matt's team played well but didn't win this time. Casey enjoyed the first 15 minutes of the game but then spent the next 30 minutes playing on the bleachers with his dinosaurs and some other kids. It was a fun time though.Today was yet another beautiful day in WI ( 3 in a row!), so I took Casey to the Zoo. I forgot to bring the camera along so I have no good pictures to share today. Casey adventured into the goat area and spent some time petting and talking to the goats. We didn't feed them today, that is something Matt does with Casey, I'm not a fan myself. Other than that we just walked around and enjoyed seeing all of the animals. I must have had good timing because we were able to see a lot of them as they were getting fed. The seals do tricks during their lunch hour which was 11:00. That was really cool to see.
We'll be leaving for Door County Wednesday morning so I am sure we'll have lots of fun stories and pictures to share when we get back!
1 comment:
I feel better that I'm not the only one who skips Bible Study to go to the zoo. You just picked a better day! :)
Post a Comment